Creation and development of Siam Park
Siam Park, the brainchild of German entrepreneur Wolfgang Kiessling, who also owns Loro Parque Zoo in Tenerife, commenced construction in 2004 with an investment of 52 million euros. The park, initially scheduled to open in May 2007, faced construction challenges and ultimately welcomed the public on September 17, 2008.
Kiessling, alongside a team of architects and engineers, dedicated years to designing and building the park with the goal of creating a tropical paradise for visitors. To achieve this, they utilized a blend of natural and man-made elements, including lush vegetation, waterfalls, and traditional Thai architecture.
The park's original blueprint featured a roller coaster. However, to expedite the opening, this element was abandoned, allowing the team to concentrate on refining the other attractions. Despite the absence of a roller coaster, Siam Park has become one of the Canary Islands' top tourist destinations, drawing visitors from around the globe.
Developing the world's largest wave pool proved to be a significant challenge during the park's construction. After months of testing and adjustments, the team successfully created an awe-inspiring feature. Siam Park, situated on a hill, offers visitors breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. The park's on-site desalination plants desalinate 700 cubic meters of seawater daily, contributing to its eco-friendly appeal by repurposing used water to irrigate plants.
Siam Park has received numerous accolades for its innovative design and attractions and has solidified its status as a must-visit destination in Tenerife. Despite construction setbacks, the park's dedicated team has created a one-of-a-kind, unforgettable experience for visitors of all ages.
Savor a variety of delicious dining options throughout the park, including Thai cuisine, Mediterranean fare, and classic fast food. Quench your thirst at one of our themed bars, where you can enjoy exotic cocktails, refreshing juices, or a simple cup of coffee.
- The Tea House — a small bar, located among the Mercado Flotante overlooking the seal enclosure, which serves coffee, tea and sandwiches.
- Thai House E — a restaurant that offers both oriental and traditional cuisine.
- Thai Bar — the ideal place to relax and unwind.
- Beach Club — buffet restaurant located on the beach.
- Beach Bar — a unique spot with a view of the ocean, the neighbouring island of La Gomera and the Palacio de Olas (a castle that forms 3-metre-high waves).
- Siam Park (VIP) — several wooden bungalows in the dense jungle overlooking the swimming pool and the beach.
Experience a One-of-a-Kind Shopping Adventure at Siam Park's Floating Market. Take a leisurely stroll along wooden walkways surrounded by tranquil waterways and lush tropical plants as you browse through an array of unique souvenirs, swimwear, accessories, and much more.
Our Mercado Flotante is designed to resemble a traditional Thai village, featuring several souvenir stores built on stilts over the water. In addition to souvenirs from Siam Park, visitors can explore small markets and ice cream parlors for a true taste of Thailand. Don't miss out on this unforgettable shopping experience at Siam Park!
Is Siam Park the best in the world?
Water park ratings are typically based on a variety of factors, including the quality and variety of rides and attractions, the cleanliness and maintenance of the park, the availability of amenities such as food and drink options and locker rentals, and overall guest experience and satisfaction.
Siam Park in Tenerife, Spain has won numerous awards and prizes since its opening in 2008. Some of the most notable awards and accolades that Siam Park has received include:
- World's Best Water Park: Siam Park has been awarded the "World's Best Water Park" by TripAdvisor's Traveler's Choice Awards for multiple years in a row, most recently in 2020.
- Best Water Park in Europe: Siam Park has also been named the "Best Water Park in Europe" by TripAdvisor's Traveler's Choice Awards for several consecutive years.
- Best Attraction in Spain: Siam Park has won the "Best Attraction in Spain" award from TripAdvisor's Traveler's Choice Awards several times.
- Leading Water Park in Europe: Siam Park has been recognized as the "Leading Water Park in Europe" at the World Travel Awards for multiple years.
- Best Water Park in the World: Siam Park has won the "Best Water Park in the World" award at the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) Brass Ring Awards.
- Certificate of Excellence: Siam Park has received TripAdvisor's "Certificate of Excellence" for several years in a row, which is awarded to attractions that consistently receive excellent reviews from travelers.
- Green Innovation Award: Siam Park was awarded the "Green Innovation Award" by the Tenerife Business Awards for its environmentally friendly practices, including the use of solar panels and recycled water in its operations.
- Canary Islands Tourism Awards: Siam Park has won several awards from the Canary Islands Tourism Awards, including "Best Tourist Attraction" and "Best Theme Park".
- European Star Award: Siam Park has been recognized with a European Star Award for "Best Waterpark" at the Kirmes & Park Revue Awards.
- World Waterpark Association Industry Innovation Awards: Siam Park has been recognized by the World Waterpark Association for its innovative attractions, including the "Giant" water slide and the "Tower of Power" vertical drop slide.
While Siam Park in Tenerife, Spain is often regarded as one of the best water parks in the world and has won numerous awards and accolades, it is ultimately up to individual preference and experience to determine if it is "the best" water park. Some people may prefer other water parks based on factors such as location, ride preferences, and overall atmosphere.
That being said, Siam Park is widely considered to be an excellent water park with a wide range of innovative and exciting attractions, as well as exceptional facilities and guest services. Its numerous awards and consistently positive reviews from guests are a testament to its quality and popularity.
How to get to Siam Park
Who owns Siam Park in Tenerife?
The owner of Siam Park is a company called Siam Park City, S.L., which is co-owned by Wolfgang Kiessling and his son Christoph Kiessling. Wolfgang Kiessling is the founder and owner of Loro Parque, a popular zoo and botanical garden in Tenerife, Spain, and Christoph Kiessling is a German entrepreneur who co-founded and co-owns Siam Park. Siam Park City, S.L. manages and operates Siam Park, which is one of the most popular water parks in the world.
Read the interview with Christoph Kiessling
Is it worth it to visit Siam Park?
Yes, visiting Siam Park is definitely worth it! The park is a unique and unforgettable experience that offers something for everyone, from thrilling water slides to relaxing lazy rivers. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Tenerife and has won numerous awards for its innovative design and attractions.
Siam Park Tenerife is more than just a water park - it's a destination committed to environmental sustainability and animal welfare. Our advanced water treatment system ensures that the park is eco-friendly, and we take great care to design animal habitats that provide a safe and comfortable home for our aquatic friends.
Plan your visit today and discover why Siam Park Tenerife is a must-see attraction. Come and join us for a one-of-a-kind experience where the fun never ends!